Australians are expected to stump up a massive $500 million-plus in online spend alone this big shopping long weekend, Black Friday 24 November and Cyber Monday 27 November. And fashion is expected to account for around half of all sales.
The downside is, with so many bargains coming on-stream it’s hard to know where to start – or where to stop. There’s so much merchandise on offer it’s also hard to gauge which deals represent true value. The temptation to “overbuy” can be strong.
According to Australia’s leading online retail community, Cashrewards, shoppers on the lookout for fashion bargains should be planning ahead and shopping smart to get the best deals. That includes by earning cash on every purchase by joining and clicking through the Cashrewards site to get to their retailer of choice. That way, they can “double dip”, earning the discounts on offer direct from the retailer PLUS money in their bank account from Cashrewards every time they buy.
This week, Cashrewards 315,000 strong membership – and anyone else who wants to join – should be on the lookout for its exclusive Black Friday and Cyber Monday “deal reveals” from some of the biggest names in fashion.
Cashrewards has more than 1200 local and international retail partners and accounts for 2%, or more than $600 million, of Australians’ total annual online spend, sales through Cashrewards are growing every day. Membership is free. Joining takes 15 seconds.
While the exact detail of the deals on offer is a secret until Black Friday, what we can reveal is that Cashrewards members can expect to see high end fashion brands with 25% discounts on their new collections, plus double cash back. Some luxury brands will be offering up to 60% off – and there will be gift bags galore for smart Cashrewards shoppers.
Just a taste of likely participants include Nike, ASOS , The Iconic, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Yoox, Net-a-Porter, Reebonz, Jo Malone, and David Jones. And here’s a hint: look out for surprise fashion deals from eBay and exclusive deals through Amazon. Cashrewards is the only Australian outlet providing both access and cash rewards for Amazon’s US Black Friday deals.
Look smart and score the very best deals with these fashion-friendly tips from Cashrewards:
- Shop ahead and score Fill up your cart, then log out/exit the website ahead of Black Friday. By filling up a cart then logging out like this, many sites will automatically send you a discount (typically 15-20%) as an incentive to complete your purchase.
- Prioritise to avoid the “bargain trap”. It’s not a bargain if you spend money on something you didn’t want or need just because it’s cheap. Prioritise your must-have items at the top of your list. From there, time your shopping to gives yourself the best chance of getting everything before stock runs out – and avoiding costly impulse purchases.
- High end hacks. If you love high end designer brands but know they will never discount, then we have the ultimate hack for you. Shop Chanel, Gucci, Prada, Chloe, and many more though Cashrewards partner outlets like Net-a-Porter, Harrods, David Jones, Vestiaire Collective, Reebonz, Neiman Marcus, Farfetch and more and you’ll still score cash in your account from the purchase. That equates to a rare-as-hens’ teeth designer discount! See our “Luxury Lives” link and imaige for a taste of the designer delights on offer.
- Great gift bags of goodies Look out for gift bags with purchase. While some beauty brands won’t give discounts they will provide exclusive gifts during Black Friday. These often have a value of $150 and more and, especially during Black Friday and Cyber Monday, often include both full size items and luxury samples.
- Time is money. For US sites, Black Friday is actually Saturday for Aussies – so stay awake to catch the first offshore fashion bargains!
- Shipping steal. Look out for shipping costs – often these will be reduced or even eliminated on Black Friday / Cyber Monday. Check before you buy to avoid nasty surprises.
- Follow your faves. Follow your favourite brands on social media to get the heads-up on bargains and snag extra deals (Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat)
- Triple dipping is the new black! If your favourite fashion outlet has a loyalty program, when you shop through Cashrewards you can get a triple value: bargains and deals on special days PLUS store or brand loyalty points PLUS a percentage of what you spend back in cash in your account.
- Consider yourself notified. Never miss a fashion bargain or an opportunity to get cash in your account. Download the free “notifier” extension on the Cashrewards site. This automatically lets you know which sites are Cashrewards partners when you search or visit, so you can click through, automatically add coupon codes (so you don’t miss out on those luxury gift bags) and earn dollars back on your fashion spend.
- Stay on track. Set budgets for yourself and keep track of your spending. It’s easy to get distracted and click through many sites but be strategic to snag the items you really want – and that represent real value.
- Seasonal smarts. Never buy full price ‘new season’ in December as the product will more than likely be discounted during the Christmas sales/promotions.
Disclaimer: Some items in this article may not be eligible for cashback. Deals, products, displayed prices, cashback rates and available retailers through Cashrewards mentioned above may change at any time without notice. This article has not been specifically sponsored in any way, by any retailer, although Cashrewards has ongoing partnerships with the stores mentioned above in order to provide you cashback at these stores.