Chief Financial Officer
This is a forward-thinking, proactive, leadership position for a CFO with a track record in adding demonstrated value. You will be a “trusted advisor” to the CEO and the business, as well as an inspiring, innovative leader to your team. You will play a key role in driving the growth and transforming finance operations through your commercial insights.
We have an amazing team, a great brand, global clients and we’re just getting started. We are small enough that everyone matters and your work will have a direct impact on achieving our grand goals and our vision for the company.
Cashrewards is the fastest growing eCommerce site in Australia and a seriously dynamic place to work! We partner with a wide range of Australia’s leading retailers who are both clicks and mortar and some just straight online companies. We facilitate shoppers to take advantage of great deals and earn Cashback at their favourite stores. We are the best value for all buying moments.
Based in Chatswood in a handy location right near the train station and Westfield Shopping Centre, we are a friendly, flexible and fast-paced team. We offer a great environment and plenty of career potential.
- Prepare for a potential IPO.
- Develop and execute a Finance Strategy to achieve business goals.
- Develop risk minimisation and cost management plans.
Corporate Finance & Strategy
- Partner closely with CEO to advise on capital financing options, deal structuring, investor management, board management.
- Develop and coordinate relationships with lending/financial institutions
- Play a key leadership role in fundraising strategy and efforts.
- Communicating with investors, providing investor updates, supporting the CEO in investor presentations.
- Maintain a deep understanding of external landscape including competitor intelligence, market trends, regulation, tax or other macroeconomic changes.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Responsible for business performance metrics and benchmarks, analysis and financial reporting.
- Own financial model and outputs. Manage the preparation of all financial reports and financial forecasts.
- Own Company Budget and manage annual budgeting process and instil discipline.
- Monitor and analyse operating results against budget.
- Provide accurate and timely information and analysis to the Leadership Team to enable them to make important operational, financial, and strategic decisions.
- Oversight of Finance Operations team who is responsible for customer-facing Finance operations (including Customer contracts, invoicing, payment and disputes).
- Deep understanding of and ownership of relationships with third-party financial partners.
- Drive operational improvements (both systems and processes) in customer-facing contracts and invoicing.
- Input into commercial discussions and negotiations with large potential customers.
Financial Control & Compliance
- Oversight of Finance Operations Manager who is responsible for financial operations controls, including payment management and collection, compliance with statutory law and financial regulations, payroll processing and tax filings.
- Conduct regular audits of expenditures, assets and liabilities, ensuring figures are verifiable and accurate.
- Responsible for financial controls and compliance.
- Build a team of talented specialists and cultivate a high-performance culture.
- Responsible for day to day management, coaching and training of the Finance team.
- Set clear goals for and measure the effectiveness of the Finance department.
Qualification and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4-5 years’ experience in a CFO role.
- Experience in listing a business on the ASX
- Extensive Expertise in Mergers & Acquisitions as well as in preparing Consolidated Financial Statements.
- Strong Banking Relations.
- Superior Mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details.
- Leadership and Management skills and experience.
- Understanding of Data Privacy Standards.
- Solid communication skills.
- Computer Knowledge especially Microsoft applications.
- Multi-tasking and work under pressure abilities.
- You’re forward-thinking and strategic, consistently looking for improved ways of working internally and ways to empower our Customer.
- Humble, practical, can-do attitude – You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do the grunt work associated with building our company and our team.
- Focused on tasks and solutions, going above and beyond to deliver results. Comes with suggested solutions, rather than problems.
- Excellent executive communication and stakeholder management skills. Ability to influence at Leadership & Investor level, including constructively challenging others to drive towards an outcome, while respecting and incorporating the alternative perspective.
- Able to multi-task, handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with minimal oversight.
- Able to turn empirical data into insightful, strategic decisions and tactical Team plans.
- Embraces a Learning mindset to continuously develop and rise to new challenges (open-minded, curious, self-aware).
- Committed Team player- You get energy from being surrounded by an amazing group of people. You’ve always got your teammate’s back and you like that they have yours.
- You like to have fun.
Why you’ll love working for Cashrewards:
We value our employees’ time and efforts and we have a great team culture. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. To add to this you’ll be helping thousands of Australians save money on their everyday needs.
If this sounds like you, send us a copy of your CV to email@example.com.