Have you stayed back at work or just completed an evening gym session and can’t deal with making dinner? This healthy beef recipe is perfect for when you need to prepare a quick, delicious dinner. Life’s busy we get it!
This recipe, taken from Woolworths, is guaranteed to fill you up and only takes 30 minutes to make.
Healthy beef recipe: vitality bowl – serves 4
- 600g beef oyster blade steak, trimmed, sliced into to 1cm strips
- 15ml oyster sauce
- 60ml soy sauce (salt reduced optional)
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 30ml rice wine vinegar
- 1 x 450gm packet microwave brown rice
- 20ml vegetable oil
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots cut into batons
- 200g snow peas halved
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- Place beef oyster blade, soy sauce, garlic and chilli in a bowl; marinate beef for 10 minutes
- Whisk together the rice wine vinegar and olive oil, season with salt and pepper, set aside. Cook rice according to packet instructions and toss through one-third of white wine vinaigrette.
- Drain beef, reserving the marinade. Heat vegetable oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over high heat, cook beef and capsicum for 5 to 6 minutes turning, transfer to a plate.
- Add the reserved marinade to the pan and reduce until it thickens.
- To serve, scoop rice into bowls, toss the remaining vinaigrette through the carrots and peas and arrange over one half of the rice. Add the beef and capsicum to the other half. Drizzle with marinade reduction and sprinkle with green onions, to serve.
- If you don’t want to get pre-made brown rice, replace with homemade rice or noodles and add extra cooking time to your meal. Also, add more of your favourite vegetables or replace the meat for a vegetarian option.
For all ingredients needed for this delicious and healthy beef recipe the whole family will enjoy, shop with Woolworths and earn 2.5% cashback.