You can get yourself into a lot of trouble when the June mid-season and End of Financial Year Sales (EOFYS) come around. We tend to go a little overboard this time of the year because everywhere we look, we’re bombarded with sale signs. Whether it’s the shop window or online, it’s hard to escape the retail madness that comes at this time of year. And for all the shopaholics out there like me, this is really a dangerous period.
Here are some EOFYS tips to save you some extra cash on those online and in-store purchases you need and the ones you don’t.
- Take advantage of retailer discounts for new members. Retailers often give a percentage discount when you sign up to their loyalty programs or newsletter both in-store and online.
- Shop through Cashrewards and receive Cashback on your transactions at over 1200 retailers both online and in-store.
- Shopping online? Place items in your shopping cart and leave them there for a day or so. Some retailers offer discounts on abandoned carts. Remember to have an account on the retailer’s website and make sure you’re logged in when you place your items in your cart.
- If you’re shopping on a foreign website, make sure the currency is set to Australian Dollars (AUD).
- Take advantage of current sales that are on and purchase your Christmas presents now. This way, when Christmas comes around, your pocket won’t be as full as Santa’s sack with expenses.
- If you’re shopping in-store, link your Visa debit or credit card to Cashrewards and activate the In-Store Offers via your desktop or mobile app.
Remember, write out a list of what you need to buy and also a wish list. Do some research online to see what deals are around make an informed decision. Earning Cashback on your EOFYS purchases is a great way to ensure that you’re getting some of your hard-earned cash back.
This time of year doesn’t need to burn a hole in your pocket if you plan ahead and take advantage of offers and cashback.